What is Swarna Bhasma -
It is one of the most famous Ayurvedic medicine used for complicated health concerns as well as general well being. Many people think how Gold can be used as a medicine in ancient ages. There were several cumbersome procedures which are described in ancient alchemy to explore the extraordinary health benefits of Gold Bhasma.
Swarna Bhasma is prepared from Gold. It's uses in Ayurveda vary from infertility, general debility, muscular weakness, sexual weakness in men and frigidity in women, Asthma, heart conditions, nervous disorders, arthritis of all types especially Rheumatoid arthritis. All the diseases of Vata and Kapha imbalance respond quickly to use of Swarna Bhasma.
Main Uses of Swarna Bhasma can be listed as followed -
- Excellent Aphrodisiac - used by riches to improve stamina, strength, low sperm count, improve quality and quantity of semen, clear the yellowness in semen, make it thicker, cure erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and infertility in both men and women.
- It is an excellent cardiac tonic and useful in general weakness, low BP and low pumping capacity of the heart
- It helps to improve low appetite, lack of digestive fire
- Improves memory, intelligence and useful in nervous weakness as well as neuropathy caused by Diabetes
- It's a wonderful formula in where the person feels lethargic, pain in lower legs, fatigue, tiredness, lassitude, coated tongue and general weakness
- It improves muscle strength, helps in all wasting diseases like muscular dystrophy, loss of memory, dementia due to aging, parkinsonism, Tissue wasting
Use of Swarna Bhasma in Erectile Dysfunction due to Diabetes
Swarna bhasma is very popular for its use as natural treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation in men due to diabetic neuropathy. In Diabetes, the nerves become weak leading to Diabetic neuropathy. Swarna bhasma gives excellent results in such cases. The dosage is 15 mg to 62.5 mg once daily only.
Swarna bhasma can be used for erectile dysfunction by anyone, even if he has diabetes or not.
Gold Bhasma for purification
It is mentioned in Ayurveda that Swarna bhasma is the best rejuvenative and anti-aging substance found on earth. This has properties to improve metabolism of blood formation, digestion, assimilation, excretion and purification, and nervous coordination. Slowly consuming Swarna bhasma in dosage of 30-62.5 mg for about 3-4 months leads to remarkable results. The body becomes as pure and shiny as Gold.
In ancient text Ashtanga Hridaya Sutrasthana 7th Chapter , it's mentioned that if someone used Gold bhasma for a few months, the toxins can not do any harm , just like a water drop that can not touch the leaf of the lotus flower.
Gold bhasma should be used only for 3 months in a year time and It is better to use Silver Bhasma if you have chronic blood pressure.
Effect of Swarna Bhasma on Tridosha -
Gold Bhasma balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
DOSAGE OF SWARNA BHASMA - Dose of Gold Bhasma
15.5 – 62.5 mg once to twice daily or 125 mg once every alternate day after food
Swarna Bhasma has wonderful aphrodisiac effect if taken along with Atirasadi Churna
Use of Milk is recommended along with use of Swarna bhasma
It fortifies the property of the herb with which it is used. Suppose if you are taking memory enhancing supplements, they will work better if they are taken with Gold Bhasma. Similarly if you are consuming stamina promoting supplements, the Gold bhasma will give them a boost as well.
Side Effects of Swarna Bhasma
- Self medication is always not good and can prove dangerous
- The precise dosage should be consumed and for a limited period of time only
- Keep it out of reach of children and store in a dry, cool place ( no need to refrigerate but room temperature is ok )
How to Make Swarna Bhasma - Preparation of Swarna bhasma and its ingredients
Swarna bhasma is made from pure gold which is further purified after many cumbersome techniques of ancient alchemy. There are many methods.
Purified Gold leaf is made into powder and lemon juice is applied over it. The paste of Ras sindur - A compound of mercury and then heated in absence of air at 500 celcius for 5-6 hrs. to get pure Swarna bhasma.