Vanga Bhasma Uses:
- It is light to digest, salt, astringent, coolant in nature, dry.
- Improves taste, skin complexion and intelligence, strength and immunity.
- It is used in the treatment of vomiting, anorexia, non healin wounds, helminthiasis, premature ejaculation, noctural emission, cough, cold, bronchitis, asthma, emaciation, weight loss, and chronic bronchial diseases.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Kapha.
Chemical composition: Tin – Sn.
Vang Bhasm dosage:
125 – 250 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with Guduchi kashaya (Tinospora decoction), Guduchi Satva, Honey, Ghee, Turmeric.
Vang Bhasma side effects:
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause severe side effects and gastritis.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Bang Bhasma preparation, ingredients, how to make:
Vanga Bhasma is prepared from purified Tin. There are many different methods of preparation. Any one method can be used. Here is one such method.
Purified Tin pieces are taken in a big Iron pan, melted. It is added with Apamarga (Achyranthes aspera) and Ashwattha (Ficus religiosa) powder, and ground well.
This powder ground with Aloe vera juice / Asparagus juice extract and disc shaped cakes are prepared, dried and burnt in the absence of air in a closed container in 600 – 700 degree celsius. This process is repeated for seven times.