Kolakulathadi Choornam is a in herbal powder form used for external application for Udvartana (powder massage).
- It is used to reduce fat. For a period of 7 – 10 days, depending upon the nature of the program.
- It is soured by vinegar and warmed up to make an ointment,
Used to balance Vata – to relieve pain and inflammation, in cases of paralysis, facial paralysis, rheumatoid arthritis, Joint Pains, Back Ache, shoulder pains, sciatica, lumbago, muscular sprain and inflammation etc.
Kola (Zizyphus jujube Lam.),
Kulattha – Horse gram (Dolichos biflorus Linn.),
Suradaru – Devadaru – (Cedrus deodara),
Rasna (Vanda roxburghi / Pluchea lanceolata),
Masha – Black gram (Phaseolus radiatus L.),
Atasi (Linum usitatissimum Linn.)
Kushta – Saussurea lappa
Vacha – Acorus calamus
Shatahva – Indian Dill – Anethum sowa
Yava – Barley – Hordeum vulgare
Tailaphala – castor fruit (Eranda)
Reference– Charaka Samhita Sutrasthana 3/18.
- This medicine is used for external application only.
- There are no known side effects / allergic reactions noted with this product on external application.
- It can be used in children and lactating mothers, but not in pregnancy.