Vaidyaratnam Karpooradi Choornam:-
Karpooradi Choornam is an Ayurvedic medicine, in herbal powder form. It is mainly used in Ayurvedic treatment of respiratory diseases. It is also known as karpuradi churnam.
Karpooradi Choornam benefits:
- It is used in the treatment of chronic respiratory diseases, anorexia. This medicine is also good for heart.
- Synonyms: Karpooradi Churnam, Karpuradi Choorna, Karpuradi Choornam, karpuradi churnam.
- Effect on Tridosha – Calms Vata and kapha
Karpooradi Choornam dosage:
1 – 3 grams along with equal quantity of sugar and water, once or twice daily after food or as advised by Ayurvedic doctor.
Diabetic people may take it with water, avoiding sugar.
Karpooradi Choornam Side Effects:
In very higher doses, it may cause gastric irritation.
Karpooradi Choornam Ingredients:
- Karpoora – Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora – 10 grams
- Chocha – Twak – Cinnamomum tamala – 10 grams
- Takkola – Illicium verum – 10 grams
- Jatiphala – Myristica fragrans – 10 grams
- Jatidala – Myristica fragrans (fruit) – 10 grams
- Lavanga – clove – 20 grams
- Nagakeshara – Mesua ferrea- 30 grams
- Maricha – Piper nigrum – 40 grams
- Krishna (Pippali) – Long pepper – 50 grams